Housing/Dining Accommodations

Housing & Dining Services Accommodations

Students with disabilities may need housing and/or dining accommodations to have full and integrated access to on-campus housing. The CEA, University HousingUniversity Dining Services, and the Office of Greek Life work closely together to ensure accommodations are appropriately implemented for students living in residences managed by UA Housing  or Greek Life (on-campus housing).  Note: University Housing Contract must be completed to live on campus. Housing/Dining accommodations must be reasonable and address a student's disability-related barriers to the on-campus housing / dining services environment(s). 

 Examples of housing accommodations include but are not limited to:

  • ADA compliant rooms
  • Single occupancy rooms
  • Semi-Private / Non-communal restroom
  • Room/furniture modifications
  •  Meal plan modifications
  •  Assistance animals (i.e. Emotional Support or Service Animal)

Housing/Dining Accommodation Request Process

This process is to be completed by students who have or will be completing a University Housing ContractHousing accommodation requests for students in off-campus housing (No UA Housing Contract) should be made directly to the property manager.  Housing accommodation requests for students employed by University Housing (ex: Creative Community Member, Resident Assistant, etc..) should file an accommodation request through the office of Office of Accommodation & Accessibility Services (OEOC-AAS).

1. Complete the Housing/Dining Request Form.

2. Provide documentation of disability from a qualified professional that supports the disability-related barriers and need for the accommodations requested. Documentation can be submitted by one of the following methods:

Please Note:

    • Disability documentation is not required for students only requesting to have a service animal in campus housing. 
    •  Disability documentation may not be required for students with obvious disabilities and accommodation needs. 

3. Upon receiving both the completed online request and documentation, CEA staff will evaluate the request and send written notice of determination to University Housing / Dining Services and to the student's university email.  UA Housing makes hall/room assignments based on CEA’s recommended accommodation and overall room availability. 

4. Students remaining in University Housing beyond their initial contract period must provide annual notice of their continued need for accommodations to University Housing. Please email Housing (housing@uark.edu) and/or the CEA (ada@uark.edu) to update your request annually.

Note: Requests will be evaluated in a timely manner within the context of current University policies, one's disability-related needs, and available facilities.  Space is limited in University Housing facilities, so early requests for housing accommodations are strongly encouraged.

Academic Accommodations 

Completing the request for Housing and/or Dining Services accommodation does NOT include requesting Academic Accommodations which is a separate process. To request accommodations that address barriers in an academic setting, complete one of the CEA's two registration options detailed on our Undergraduate/Graduate Academic Accommodations or contact the CEA by email (ada@uark.edu) or phone (479-575-3104).