Accessible Textbooks and Course Materials
Course materials (textbooks, handouts, digital reading materials, etc.) can be converted to accessible formats for students with print disabilities. It's up to you - the student - to request what course materials you need to converted each semester.
The CEA Document Conversion Lab can convert inaccessible PDFs into an accessible format. However, CEA does not have access to Blackboard classes or course materials. We cannot download the items you request. You must provide the articles to the CEA Document Conversion Lab.
How to request document conversion:
- Request the textbook/document conversion accommodation for a class by selecting the accommodation when requesting an accommodation letter.
- Next, via your CEA Student Profile, request the specific books/documents to be converted.
- Upload proof of ownership via your CEA Student Profile (watch a video).
- Provide class reading assignment list by uploading via your CEA Student Profile (upload as if it were a syllabus).
- Download converted documents from UARK OneDrive using "Download Book" button in your CEA Student Profile when your'e notified by email that materials are ready (watch a video).
- Modify your accommodations on your accommodation letters if there is a class schedule change.
- You can repeat this process to request document conversion for additional classes