Request Textbook/Document Conversion
It's Up to You...
Course materials (textbooks, handouts, digital reading materials, etc.) can be converted to accessible formats for students with print disabilities. It's up to you - the student - to request what course materials you need to converted.
The CEA Document Conversion Lab can convert inaccessible PDFs into an accessible format. However, CEA does not have access to Blackboard classes or course materials. We cannot download the items you request. You must provide the articles to the CEA Document Conversion Lab.
Summary of Request Process
Each semester, students are responsible for:
- Requesting the textbook/document conversion accommodation for a class by selecting the accommodation when requesting a Faculty Notification Letter.
- Next, via your CEA Student Online Services profile, request the specific books/documents to be converted.
- Upload proof of ownership via your CEA Student Online Services profile.
- Provide class reading assignment list by uploading via CEA Student Online Services (upload as if it was a syllabus).
- Download converted documents from UARK Box.com using "Download Book" button in CEA Student Online Services when notified by email that materials are ready.
- Modify accommodations on Faculty Notification Letters if there is a class schedule change.
- Request conversion of additional course materials.
Use the links below for detailed instructions on how to request textbooks or other course materials.