Request Housing/Dining Accommodations

Housing (On-Campus) and/or Dining Accommodations – Students with disabilities may need housing and/or dining accommodations in order to have full and integrated access to on-campus housing.

Examples of housing accommodations include but are not limited to:

  • ADA compliant rooms
  • Single occupancy rooms
  • Non-communal restroom
  • Room/furniture modifications
  •  Meal plan modifications
  •  Assistance animals

Housing/Dining accommodations must be reasonable and relate to the students' disability and address their functional limitations. The Center for Educational Access (CEA), University Housing and Dining Services work closely together to ensure accommodation needs are appropriately implemented for students with disabilities living on campus.  Given that many students with housing and/or dining accommodation needs are not presently living on/near campus to meet in person with CEA staff, the following procedures have been established for ease of communication:

Housing/Dining Accommodation Procedures:

To initiate a request for housing and/or dining accommodations, students should:

  1. Submit a written request detailing disability-related limitations and accommodations needed.  If students wish to make a request via phone or in-person, please contact the CEA.

  2. Obtain documentation from a qualified health or other provider in support of your requested accommodation(s).  Documentation should include the diagnosed disability, functional limitations, along with recommendations for accommodations.  For students with obvious limitations and accommodation needs documentation may not be required.

  3. Submit both the written request and documentation to the CEA via email, fax, postal mail, or in person using the following contact information:

Center for Educational Access (CEA)

209 ARKU University of Arkansas

Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

P 479-575-3104 (office)

F 479-575-7445 (fax)

Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Evaluating Request and Determination Notice:

Upon receiving both the written request and documentation, CEA staff will evaluate the request, send written notice to University Housing and/or Dining Services, and the student regarding determination.  Requests will be evaluated in a timely manner within the context of current University policies, the students' needs, and available facilities.  Space is limited in University Housing facilities, so early requests for housing accommodations are strongly encouraged.