Accessible Course Documents and Assistive Technology
Struggle with completing reading assignments? Do you have a print-related disability? Then you might need your course materials converted into an accessible format!
We hope that this section will help you better understand the accommodation and technology to assist you in reading your accessible course materials.
To learn more, use the links on the right. If you have any questions about these accommodations, please contact the Heidi Scher, Associate Director, by emailing email@example.com.
What's it all about?
Accessible course materials - Textbook/Document Conversion? Assistive technology? Not sure what these terms mean? You are at the right place. This section of the CEA website will help you understand:
- What these terms mean.
- How they can provide accessibility.
- Software or apps that are available for various common technologies used (Windows PC, Mac, iPad, Android OS).
- Where to find software/apps.
- How to request document conversions.
- How to access and utilize converted documents.
Requesting Materials in Alternate Formats
NOTE: Document Conversion is available ONLY if it is one of your accommodations.
Want to discuss this accommodation?
- Schedule an assistive technology (AT) meeting to discuss formats and assistive technology as well as see demonstrations of options. Contact the CEA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 479-575-3104.
- The request process will also be discussed during the meeting.
Is "Accessible course materials - Textbook/Document Conversion" one of your accommodations but not sure how to request materials? Please go to: how to request materials.
Learn More About AT
Using Alt Formats