Overview for Each Semester
- Request Alternative Formats
- Submit Required Information
- File Organization
- DropboxIT: Downloading Alternative Format Files
- Unzip the ZIP Files
Overview As Needed
Questions regarding your conversion requests or specific to AT? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to receive alternative formats, you must request materials be converted. Without your request, we don't know exactly what you need!
- Request materials as early as possible so they may be ready for the semester.
- Log in to CEA Student Online Services and request materials.
- Not sure how to request materials? Instructions available at How to Request Alternative Formats.
- Each semester, students with Accessible Alternative Formats accommodations are responsible for submitting: proof of ownership and class reading assignment lists to the CEA Alternative Formats Lab.
- All digital information: email to email@example.com.
- Hard copy: deliver to the CEA office at Arkansas Union Room 209.
File organization is vital to effective use alternative formats.
- On Windows or Mac desktop:
- Create primary book folder (ex: "Textbooks-spring 2017").
- Within that primary folder, create a folder for each book you have requested. (ex: "Textbooks-Spring 2015" » "Accounting Principles")
- Converted materials are delivered directly to you via UA DropboxIT, a UA web application that provides secure file transfer.
- CEA Alternative Formats Lab will send you an email with a link giving you access to
download your alternative format materials.
The file will be available to download for 10 days after which it is deleted off DropboxIT.
- The link will require you to log in using your UARK credentials.
- Once you have logged in, the file will download to your device.
In most instances, the file will be a ZIP file - a compressed file format. You will know it is a ZIP file by its name: filename.zip
- When downloading files, save them into the appropriate book folder you made in step 3.
For use on Windows or Mac, ZIP files must be "unzipped" or the files "extracted".
- Double click file & the extraction software should open. If software does not open, you will need to download software. (Freebies are available on the web.)
- If the .ZIP file is a whole book, extract all files into book folder (ex: "Accounting Principles").
- Go to the CEA webpage Apps to Use Alt Format (or you can search the web for the software/app).
- Click on the appropriate operating system (Windows, Mac, iPad, Android)
- Download the software/app to your device.*
- Install the software on your device.*
- Open the software/app and set preferences (e.g. if options available for color or
* Experiencing Difficulties?
If you don't know how to make folders, download and install software, or work with zip files, please contact UITS or go to one of a GACL (General Access Computer Labs) on campus for assistance.
For assistance with AT specifically, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be able to assist via email. Or, we will meet with you to assist with your specific technology and AT.
Learn More About AT
Using Alt Formats